Originally Written by Kate Rogers on Fox Business
Apple launched a Breakout Books section in its iBookstore Wednesday, which is reserved solely for self-published authors, and can be the launch pad for the next E.L. James, who penned and self-published last year’s steamy breakout Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.
Self-published works have been offered in the iBookstore since the iPad launched in 2010, however the new section shows the momentum the medium continues to build in the eBook market. The stigma self-publishing once held as being reserved for only “failed authors” has slowly faded in recent years, experts say.
- Apple launches Breakout Books section in iBookstore to promote self-published authors (digitaltrends.com)
- Apple Releases Breakout Books Program Internationally (goodereader.com)
- Apple Continues to Fumble at Selling eBooks (the-digital-reader.com)
- Apple Promotes Self-Published ‘Breakout Books’ (valuewalk.com)
- Smashwords Authors Gain Seat at the Merchandising Table with the Apple iBookstore’s Breakout Books Promotion (smashwords.com)